Hey. Welcome to the Bass Harp. This is mainly a placeholder until I get the real
launch content ready.
I guess now is as good a time as any to mention:
- As usual, I welcome all comments. Seriously. Even critical ones. Especially critical ones.
- The feed for this site only includes the first few lines of each post. Sorry for the inconvenience. It's so I can keep better track of what authors, titles and opening lines seem to draw the most people in.
- Speaking of which, feel free to mail or comment in requests.
- I'm going to try sticking to a consistent romanisation system for the first time in my life. Specifically, revised Hepburn, except with circumflexes instead of macrons (because although Unicode makes macrons quite easy, they still look uglier than circumflexes in my browser). This will apply even to well-known place names: Tôkyô, not Tokyo. As for personal names, I'll be sticking with the Japanese order (surname first), but won't be doing the CAPITALISING thing. Please call me on mistakes and inconsistencies.
- I know the design is ugly, and completely unsuited to a site that won't be publishing anything less than fifty years old. I know these things, but I don't know enough about design to fix the problem. So, for now, ugliness for all! Sorry.